The President did these things last week:
- He spoke to troops at Bagram. He talked to those most affected. They heard it right from him.
- Nominates Mayor Julian Castro to run HUD. Looking to bring up the best of tomorrow’s leaders
- Unveils a plan to boost tourism. We can use some good marketing, to counter the damage of Bundy Ranch, Newtown, Uncle Sam with a probe and Isla Vista have done.
- Walks DC to touch the people. This is where he finds the energy to endure the crap. He can handle the problems in stride, but the crap takes spiritual resolve
- Declares a piece of New Mexico majesty, a national monument and interstellar treasure.
- Controls Putin with his voice. “Sit… Stay.”
- Makes his expectations clear on the VA investigation: We have to get this right.
- Draws a crowd and works the media in Cooperstown: Shows us our common roots are not in hate
- Honors the fallen. They won’t be forgotten on his watch
- Welcomed the Seahawks. Everyone in the room knows what it’s like to win at the highest levels, and how to lose as well
- …. and a bunch of stuff I’ll never know about.
What do Boehner and McConnell have to show?
Where is their list of accomplishments?
It’s not like we don’t have a bunch of stuff to do.